Re: simple-wiki-mode and simple-wiki-edit-mode

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: simple-wiki-mode and simple-wiki-edit-mode
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:04:01 +0100

Karl Eichwalder <ke@suse.de> writes:

> Alex Schroeder <alex@emacswiki.org> writes:
>
> Thanks for your reply!
>
>> Sure -- but that depends on the wiki you use.
>
> Thus far mainly wikipedia, e.g. http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emacs (not
> written by me, though).  At least, allowing "ß" would be nice ;)

Hm, but can you use it for the Wikipedia?  Does the Wikipedia have a
raw mode?

>> No, because the wiki is not really HTML.  I use sgml-mode only for
>> sgml-tag (and there again, the tags allowed are based on the wiki, and
>> I just provide the tags I need and suggest for the Emacs Wiki).
>
> Under those circumstances please don't require sgml-mode straight
> away.  Better copy the code you need to your project.  Otherwise psgml
> will fail sooner or later.  psgml uses the same namespace as sgml-mode,
> for historical reasons.

I am not sure this is the correct fix.  It seems to me that sharing
the same namespace is the real problem.  If you really need this, then
psgml-mode should just (provide 'sgml-mode) as well, and you should
make sure that you load psgml-mode first.

Alex.