Emacs mode to do automatic version numbering?

From: Andrew Ferrier
Subject: Emacs mode to do automatic version numbering?
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:46:20 +0000 (UTC)

I'm looking for an Emacs mode that will auto-update a version number
embedded in a buffer when that buffer is saved (similar to the way
time-stamp auto-updates a time-stamp). I was wondering if anyone knew of
such a mode or where one could be found? I've looked all around and
can't find anything similar. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Andrew.

--
Andrew Ferrier,