Re: universal backup directory

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: universal backup directory
Date: 27 Jan 2003 17:56:56 +0000

>>>>> "john" == john doe <m0nkeyd0g2000@yahoo.com> writes:

  john> I have the following entry in my dotfile:

  john> ;; MAKE ALL BACKUPS TO A SINGLE DIRECTORY (setq
  john> ;; backup-directory-alist
  john> `(("." .  ,(file-name-nondirectory "~/.emacs_backups"))))

  john> This will make backups in the current directory to a dir
  john> called .emacs_backups -- however, is there a way to make one
  john> universal backup directory that all emacs files go to
  john> regardless of where they are saved?

The "backup-dir" package does exactly what you want. I've used it for
a while, and found it to do what I want. google will provide, I'm
sure.

Phil