Re: emacs-looks...

From: roodwriter
Subject: Re: emacs-looks...
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:02:17 -0500

Kenneth Buchwald Johansen wrote:

> Hi!
> I'm using debian, and when I use apt-get install emacs21, the default
> emacs-colors are white and black (black text and white background). I
> really don't like that - how do I set emacs to use the 'normal' colors
> (green and black)?
> Thanks!
> - Kenneth

I'm using KDE 3.0 and it took the colors I use for the desktop--gray
background and white letters, which I use because I can go for long periods
of time before my eyes water. It doesn't in Gnome, just black letters on
white, which, for me, is like staring into a light after awhile.

If you load up Emacs at the command line you can set the colors like this:

emacs -fg green -bg black

-fg is foreground, -bg is background. -ms is the mouse color, if you want to
change that.

It's all in the man pages.

Hope this helps.

--Rod

--
To reply by e-mail, take the extra "o" out of my e-mail address. It's to
confuse spambots, of course.