Tab doesn't work in emacs

From: Christopher Forsythe
Subject: Tab doesn't work in emacs
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 19:23:16 -0600

Hi,

    I've lost the functionality of my tab button in emacs 21.1.1. I am
running os x 10.2.3, and lost the functionality of my delete key as well, it
would bring up the help menu. Fixed that with a .emacs file. I'd like to be
able to do two things

1) Fix the tab function

2) Make the instructions in the .emacs file global, so that all users would
have it by just typing .emacs, but without putting a .emacs file into
everyones home directory.

Any and all help is very appreciated.

Chris