Re: Why does cperl-mode slaughter my formatting?

From: Martin Jost
Subject: Re: Why does cperl-mode slaughter my formatting?
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 15:21:04 +0100

"Harry Putnam" <hgp@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
m2vg039yor.fsf@sbcglobal.net">news:m2vg039yor.fsf@sbcglobal.net...
> Harry Putnam <hgp@sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
> [...] snipped wild foratting example
>
> I upgraded my cvs version of emacs and now it works but oddly enough
> the cperl-mode.el that came with new cvs shows no diff from previous
> version and still shows same versiion.
>
> So I still don't know what was causing my problem.

So you live on the bleeding edge ?!
cperl relies heavily on syntax-properties (right name ?)
At least once, a released version of emacs needed to be patched, so that
cperl worked correctly. (A friend of mine asked me a second time, when I
told him he had to get a patch for the c-sources of emacs to get this bug
out)
Maybe something like that was broken on you older version....
You just would have to diff the whole thing ;-)

Just wild guessing...

Martin