Re: Checking Process Status

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: Checking Process Status
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 11:20:02 -0600

Kevin Rodgers <kevin.rodgers@ihs.com> writes:

> CarlC wrote:
>
>> Understood. My concern is that this routine is going to possibly open a new
>> buffer, and change point. I didn't want the user to wander around during the
>> compile and then have emacs zap him a new screen. I will take your advice
>> into consideration.
>
> Then force M-x compile to run the command synchronously:
>
> (fmakunbound 'start-process)

If I try that here (not with M-x compile), I get the message
"Multi-processing is not supported for this system"
(RedHat 8.0 with CVS emacs)

I have problem slightly similar to CarlC's, though.
I need a program to stop at a certain point, and wait until a
comint-process gives some output, and then and only then continue.
(Also, the user shouldn't be able to move the point...)
I thought accept-process-output would do that, but that doesn't seem
to work.  What should work?

Thanks,
Jay