Saving text properties

From: Greg Hill
Subject: Saving text properties
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 15:36:13 -0800

The section entitled "Saving Text Properties in Files" the Emacs Lisp Reference Manual says:

We invite users to write Lisp programs to store and retrieve text properties in files, using these hooks, and thus to experiment with various data formats and find good ones. Eventually we hope users will produce good, general extensions we can install in Emacs.

Does anyone have any experience with that that they would like to pass along?

Thanks.

--Greg