xml sgml & psgml

From: Adam Hardy
Subject: xml sgml & psgml
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 12:19:48 +0100

Hi All,

I'm editing some xml files and I am having a few problems. I installed the latest version of psgml from sourceforge and put some config code in my .emacs but I am unable to get indentation to work.

I also put the latest version of sgml.el in my lisp directory because I read on the archives here that it enables indents.

I'm not the world's most experienced lisp programmer so I'm not sure about the following:

does psgml disable the functionality in sgml.el or build on it ?

does the sgml.el code get loaded alright or do I have to do that in my .emacs ?

how can I tell whether I'm using psgml or just sgml code?

Can anyone help?

TIA
Adam