Re: Using emacs in slackware

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Using emacs in slackware
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 18:22:36 +0100

Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com> writes:

> Those things won't wash in the console. Console is ASCII. In ASCII
> alt(meta) and control characters only exist in one case, so they can't
> be shifted.

Well, you can use the function keys in the console because they send
some kind of escape sequence -- I'm sure more escape sequences for
the missing key combos could be added to some console
implementations, and then Emacs could be taught about them, and then
Steve would be a happy camper.

--
A turnip curses Elvis