Re: New frame position (FSF Emacs on Windows)

From: Paul Moore
Subject: Re: New frame position (FSF Emacs on Windows)
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 18:46:50 +0000

Galen Boyer <galenboyer@hotpop.com> writes:

> On Fri, 07 Feb 2003, gustav@morpheus.demon.co.uk wrote:
>
>> I currently use XEmacs 21.5.10 on Windows (2000 and XP), mainly for
>> news/mail via Gnus and occasionally for general editing tasks. I'm
>> considering switching over to FSF Emacs 21.2.1, mainly because it
>> seems to start up enormously faster. (Is this generally true, or is it
>> just me?  If it is true, what causes the difference?)
>
> I think most people don't consider start up time as a factor for their
> decision in using versions of Emacs.  Most keep Emacs running for
> weeks/months.

Unfortunately, I tend to start & stop programs regularly. Maybe it's
not the most effective way to work with Emacs, but it's a *^!%" hard
habit to break :-)

[I suppose I'd better not mention that I often use Vim rather than any
form of Emacs, because it starts so much faster? :-)]

Paul.
--
This signature intentionally left blank