Re: M-x compile

From: Daniel Pfeiffer
Subject: Re: M-x compile
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 14:09:45 +0100

chris@grierwhite.com (Christopher J. White) skribis:

> tiarnan> Apropos M-x compile -- is there any way to set environment
> tiarnan> variables that may be needed by Makefiles when M-x compile
> tiarnan> runs make: e.g. DEVROOT or cognates?
>
> The current env in emacs is passed on to the compile process.
> So, just M-x setenv DEVROOT or put it in your .emacs.  If you
> need a different environment for different buffers, it's
> a bit more ugly.

You can put them in your compile command like:

ENVVAR=xyz make

and/or

make OVERRIDEVAR=xyz

coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

-- GPL 3: take the wind out of Palladium's sails! --
 ------
  -- My other stuff here too, sawfish, make.pl...: --
   ------
    -- http://dapfy.bei.t-online.de/ --