Re: Is this a bug in cperl mode

From: Le Wang
Subject: Re: Is this a bug in cperl mode
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 01:23:03 GMT

Daniel Pfeiffer wrote:

> kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) skribis:
>> Harry Putnam <hgp@sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
>> > I get several kinds of goofy behavior from cperl mode on this snippet
>> > of code.  The syntax hylight breaks down on last section too.  Makes
>> > cperl pretty useless for what its designed for. Maybe its local guff
>> > causing it but starting emacs -q -no-site-file doesn't seem to help.
>
>> I could reproduce this with the cperl that comes with Emacs, but the
>> cperl from Ilya (I have 4.32, it seems) works.
>
>> How about you check that and submit a bug report, suggesting to
>> upgrade the cperl in Emacs.  (It seems that the cperl in Emacs is
>> quite old.)
>
> Actually I've been exploring this recently, and the opposite is the case.
> The CPerl from Ilya is quite old.  The emacs variant has had quite a few
> little bug-fixes over the last three years.  This seems the first case where
> Ilya's is better.

Here is another:

Using filladapt-mode, I'm able to fill end-of-line comments with the Ilya's
version.  This is broken in the Emacs version, both CVS and stable.

I just checked, and adaptive-fill-mode is broken in the same manner.

I can turn filladapt off in the mode hook, but still regression is never good.

--
Le