Re: Is this a bug in cperl mode

From: Daniel Pfeiffer
Subject: Re: Is this a bug in cperl mode
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:21:08 +0100

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) skribis:
> Harry Putnam <hgp@sbcglobal.net> writes:
> > I get several kinds of goofy behavior from cperl mode on this snippet
> > of code.  The syntax hylight breaks down on last section too.  Makes
> > cperl pretty useless for what its designed for. Maybe its local guff
> > causing it but starting emacs -q -no-site-file doesn't seem to help.
>
> I could reproduce this with the cperl that comes with Emacs, but the
> cperl from Ilya (I have 4.32, it seems) works.

Here is a little snippet of (wrong!) Perl code, which shows what is needed
to catch each of the font-lock errors:

\$"asd"
\$'asd'
\$`asd`

$opt_s!asd!bsd!
$opt::s!asd!bsd!
$opt{s}asd}bsd}
(s => ...)=bsd=

The fourth case is the one originally posted here.  Both Ilya's and Emacs'
modes fall into precisely the same traps.  If anybody sees this differently,
I'd very much like to see their .emacs.

coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

-- GPL 3: take the wind out of Palladium's sails! --
 ------
  -- My other stuff here too, sawfish, make.pl...: --
   ------
    -- http://dapfy.bei.t-online.de/ --