Re: How useful to run GDB and CVS from *WITHIN* Emacs? How helps?

From: gebser
Subject: Re: How useful to run GDB and CVS from *WITHIN* Emacs? How helps?
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 04:10:16 -0500

Sounds extremely cool.  I should have learned this mode a long time ago,
but never had a real need for it... would like to give it a go now
though.

So how would I:

- Get from some cvs site the latest version of tramp...?  the full
package rather than just the diffs?

- Later on, get the diffs and merge them into the version I have?

I would imagine that ange-ftp would work (as the background "vehicle")
to retrieve the files, yes?  IOW, I wouldn't need tramp in order to
retrieve a later version of tramp... or?

tmia,
ken