Re: Can I make the assumption that xemacs .el files work with emacs?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Can I make the assumption that xemacs .el files work with emacs?
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 11:02:23 +0100

"Craig Jennings" <cjennings@yahoo.com> writes:

> The assumption that I'd LIKE to make is that all .el files that work
> with xemacs will also work with emacs. I see no reason to think
> otherwise, but I thought I'd ask.

Don't make that assumption.  It's wrong.

It's possible to write *.el files that work on both flavors, and many
people write them like this, but it's also possible to write *.el
files that work on only one flavor.  (It's possible to write portable
C code, but not all C code is portable.  Same thing.)
--
A turnip curses Elvis