Re: diabling colors on tty

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: diabling colors on tty
Date: 19 Feb 2003 19:17:23 +1100

>>>>> "Pavel" == Pavel Hlavnicka <pavel@gingerall.cz> writes:

 Pavel> Hi all,

 Pavel> simple question: Is there some trick, how to disable ALL
 Pavel> colors (except black and white) on text terminal, but keep all
 Pavel> lovely colors if running X-windowed emacs?

 Pavel> (Be hard, I can use lisp quite fine :)

Put a section in your .emacs which turns off global-font-lock-mode if
you are running on a tty or turns it on if your runing under X. I use

(if (and (eq window-system 'x) (not noninteractive))

To set font colours to one colour under X and another when running
under a term. You could possibly use the same test to turn on font
lock mode under X and turn it off under a tty.

Tim

--
Tim Cross