Re: How to configure Emacs to autoload modes?

From: Lucas
Subject: Re: How to configure Emacs to autoload modes?
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:50:07 +0100

Un beau jour, Peter Wu <peterwu@hotmail.com> nous a dit:

> Lucas <bonnet.lucas@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>
>> Un beau jour, "Peter Wu" <peterwu@hotmail.com> nous a dit:

>>> However, it does not work for me after I modified the files.el and
>>> loaddefs.el. What could I have missed? Thanks!
>>
>> Maybe M-x byte-compile-and-load ?
>
> All my previous tests include a byte-compile. But this did not help. :(

Hmmm, that looks strange... Did you try to remove the .elc, and then
re-bye-compile, it worked for me, when I had problems.
And with adding a (load "python-mode") or thing like that in your
.emacs, so that it loads the mode (slows Emacs a bit, though) at each
startup...

> I think Emacs must be reading some files at bootup and load some
> modes. I'd like to know what those files are. Emacs should do something
> according to those files to respond to various modes, say cc-mode.

You can know the load path ( C-h v load-path ), and I think that most of
the files in the path are loaded. You can even modify it, but I don't
know why your python mode doesn't start if you set up the things
correctly...

--
Lucas