Re: No completion on CVS directories

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: No completion on CVS directories
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 00:34:21 +0200

> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> From: Jesper Holmberg <jeho5791@student.uu.se>
> Date: 22 Feb 2003 08:12:45 +0100
>
> I use the 'completion-ignored-extensions' list to sort out completions of
> certain types of files, but I can't get it to work on directories. More
> specifically, I want Emacs never to complete CVS directories, so that when
> I descend a directory structure, Emacs never considers the 'CVS'
> directories to be candidates. Can this be done?

What version of Emacs is that?  I think there was a bug with this
feature when directories were concerned, and IIRC it's only fixed in
the CVS code (i.e. no released version does TRT with this).

In any case, directories are only ignored if they have a '/' appended
to them in 'completion-ignored-extensions'.