Re: LaTeX-Fill-Paragraph and inline images

From: Felix E. Klee
Subject: Re: LaTeX-Fill-Paragraph and inline images
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:20:25 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> Could you please repost your message?
>
> Here are the messages I still have on my server:
> They're not in gmane either, so maybe they never left my newsserver
> :-( Has anybody else seen them ?

The second one is available on my newsserver, the first one is not.

> That would be neat, but nobody has written the code to do it yet.
> I don't think it can be done in elisp right now, so we first need
> some C code (exported to elisp) so that you can determine pixel
> positioning.

Well, getting the width of a character can probably easily be done (on
X11 based systems) by accessing the XFontStruct structure with a small
C module. More powerful, though, would be something like compute-motion
that works with pixels instead of lines and columns.

> I know someone has started work on it, but help is still welcome,

Maybe I'll try out that XFontStruct thing just for fun, but probably not
too soon.

Felix

--
To contact me in private don't reply but send email to
  felix DOT klee AT inka DOT de