problems with versioning on windows, with ntemacs, cvs, and ssh

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: problems with versioning on windows, with ntemacs, cvs, and ssh
Date: 26 Feb 2003 12:38:44 +0000

We seem to be having terrible trouble getting VC (and pcl-cvs) working
on NTEmacs. It's running cygwin as its shell, and CVS as the
versioning backed. An added complexity is that repository access is
via ssh.

This works from an internal shell within emacs, although it prompts
for a password (I presume emacs can cope with this? I seem to remember
on redhat, I get a gnome window popping up from ssh, which isn't going
to happen on windows).

In almost all cases VC, or PCL-CVS seem just to hang.

Has anyone got any experiences with this? Have you got VC/cvs/ssh
working under NTEmacs?

Cheers

Phil