fixing coding character

From: giglio robbò d'acciaio
Subject: fixing coding character
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:21:33 GMT

Maybe I've messed up with the coding system of the file I'm working with, since
I see many letters (accented ones + ¬) are preceded by the code \216.
Is there any fast way to delete all of them, than one by one. Off course the
search+replace doesn't works.

Many thanks in advantage.
|    Daniele Giglio     |     Attenzione: da oggi la lettura dei newsgroup    |
|    dgiglio@iol.it     |     alt.binaries.pictures.* e it.binari.x.*         |
|                       |     e' a pagamento!                                 |