outline-minor-mode color on by default?

From: Eladio Ventura
Subject: outline-minor-mode color on by default?
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 15:49:42 +0000

I use outline-mode mainly to spice up my textfiles with some colors, but
alas when I use outline-minor-mode as a hook to text-mode, all I get is
the folding capability. I would like to be able see my files in funky
colors the minute desktop-mode has finished loading all my files when I
start up emacs. At present, I have to hit outline(-major)-mode for the
Christmas lights to flare up, but I'd like to use text-mode as my major mode.

Can anyone help me? I've put the following in my dot-emacs:

(add-hook 'text-mode-hook
  (function (lambda ()
      (outline-minor-mode 1))))

--