Speedbar not updating?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Speedbar not updating?
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:59:46 +0100

I've got Emacs from CVS and Speedbar 0.14beta4 and cperl-mode version
4.32 (from IlyaZ, not the version in Emacs CVS -- I should change
this someday).

When I add new functions to my Perl file, then the speedbar frame
does not update to show the new functions.  I tried to hit `g', but
that didn't do anything useful.  (It did like `-' on the current
file, but hitting `+' didn't show the updated list of functions.)

I can update the list of functions by doing M-x imenu RET *Rescan*
RET C-g, then switching to the speedbar frame and doing - and then +.

I didn't find another command besides `g' that promised to update the
data.

Am I doing something wrong?