Eshell and ange-ftp

From: Alexander Koptelov
Subject: Eshell and ange-ftp
Date: 04 Mar 2003 20:26:43 +0300

Hello!

I've got the following problem using 'eshell'.

When I'm trying to complete some shell variable (e.g. '$VARIA<TAB>'), I've got
prompted by ange-ftp to enter my password on the 'bin' computer.

This happens because the 'PATH' variable is '/bin:/usr/bin:...', and '/bin:' is
tried to be recognized as 'file-directory-p' using the ange-ftp hook.

Ok, I don't need 'PATH' variable in eshell, and undefining it solves this
problem.

But did any of you have more general experience in this problem?

Best regards

--
Alexander Koptelov
Institute for System Programming, Russian Academy of Sciences