Re: $HOME var

From: Chris McMahan
Subject: Re: $HOME var
Date: 07 Mar 2003 16:38:33 -0500

Why not set the environment variables from within emacs? This won't
help you load the .emacs file itself, but you can modify the icon with
which you launch emacs to load that file as a command-line switch.

runemacs.exe -l <path to your .emacs file>

within your .emacs, use the format to set the environment variables:

(setenv "VARIABLE"  "value")

So to set your HOME variable from within emacs,
(setenv "HOME" "c:/documents\ and\ settings/username")

I may be completely missing something here, because I'm pretty heavily
embroiled into the cygwin environment on XP.

 - Chris

--
     (.   .)