Re: inserting end-of-line in the minibuffer

From: Jesper Harder
Subject: Re: inserting end-of-line in the minibuffer
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 23:11:15 +0100

jean daniel browne <browneje@etu.utc.fr> writes:

> I try to change the following
> foo
> bar
> foo
> bar
>
> into the following
> foo$bar$foo$bar$
>
> It could be done with a search and replace but I cannot type the
> end-of-line character in the minibuffer. Can you ?

You can type it with `C-q RET'.

> Where did you find the info?

Hmm, it's not mentioned under `query-replace' in the manual, but the
section about incremental search [1] says that you can use `C-q' to
search for control characters.

[1] In isearch you can just do `C-j' to search for eol, though.  Maybe
it's a little inconsistent that it doesn't work in query-replace.