Re: Build CVS Emacs on Win32

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Build CVS Emacs on Win32
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:19:44 +0100

Peter Wu <peterwu@hotmail.com> writes:

> Yes, it's clear but not working for me. As you see, I did run
> nt\configure.bat, which gave me some error.

D'Oh!  I overlooked that.  Sorry.

Anyhow, I had a quick peek at the nt/configure.bat file and it
appears that it really really really needs a unixoid `cp' program.
If there is no cp program at all, it emits a useful error message.
But it seems that in your case, the error message is weird.

Can you find out which cp program it finds?  And do you have a
unixoid cp program on your system, and can you make it use that?

(It also needs rm, it seems.)