Re: changing directories

From: Michael P. Soulier
Subject: Re: changing directories
Date: 13 Mar 2003 22:26:13 GMT

On 13 Mar 2003 22:26:17 +0100, Christian Odenthal
<christian.odenthal@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:

> (setq default-directory "~/directory") works for me. Nonetheless this
> default can an will be changed by some applications. E.g., when trying
> to load my .emacs from within gnus the default directory was "~/news".

    Thanks, I'll try that. Maybe I can code around such apps with a simple
cache of my working directory and a quick restore via a function key or
something.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix