Re: cperl indent after open paren

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: cperl indent after open paren
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:13:02 +0100

"Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@storm.ca._nospam> writes:

> not like this:
>
> reallybigfunctioncall(
>                       continued statement
>

> but like this:
>
> reallybigfunctioncall(
>     continued statement

I want to have this, too.  So when you find out, please tell me.

Meanwhile, I make do with putting the opening parenthesis on the next
line:

reallybigfunctioncall
    (first parameter,
     second parameter);

In C-like modes, you could try to hit C-c C-s on two X characters in
the following code to see if there is a difference.  If there is a
difference, then C-c C-o might be able to set up the indentation
correctly.

function_name(
              X,
              Y);