Re: How to customize default face (font)? (2nd post)

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: How to customize default face (font)? (2nd post)
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 18:26:20 +0100

A. L. Meyers <me@privacy.net> writes:
[...]
>>> '(default ((t (:size "11pt" :family "Terminus"))) t)
[...]

> Sorry if I wasn't verbose enough, Oliver.  I just tried to copy the
> above line generated by xemacs customize into .emacs.el but obviously
> this simplistic approach does not work.  Also already tried to use emacs
> customize to achieve the same goal but there are obviously
> incompatibilities, like the one you mention.
>
> Either way (.emacs.el or customize) would be fine with me.
[...]

Well, then I think it's best to use customize. Please type `M-x
customize-face RET default RET'. Then enter "Terminus" (without the
quotes) into the editable field after the attribute "Font
family". And enter "110" into the editable field after "Height". Make
sure that "Height in 1/10 pt" is chosen from the value menu. Then
click on "Set for current session" to see whether this has the
desired effect. If it has, click on "Save for future sessions".

[If this doesn't work: what operating system do you use and what
version of Emacs?]

    Oliver
--
25 Ventôse an 211 de la Révolution