defaulting the position and size under KDE

From: Peter Lee
Subject: defaulting the position and size under KDE
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 04:17:40 GMT

The following is noted in docs for inital-frame-alist:

You can specify geometry-related options for just the initial frame
by setting this variable in your `.emacs' file; however, they won't
take effect until Emacs reads `.emacs', which happens after first creating
the frame.  If you want the frame to have the proper geometry as soon
as it appears, you need to use this three-step process:
* Specify X resources to give the geometry you want.
* Set `default-frame-alist' to override these options so that they
  don't affect subsequent frames.
* Set `initial-frame-alist' in a way that matches the X resources,
  to override what you put in `default-frame-alist'.

Anyone know what it means by "specify X resources to give the geometry
you want" ?

Right now when emacs starts its at one size, then after it reads
.emacs it pops to different place and size... I'd like it to come up
in correct place to start with, but I'm having trouble deciphering
those 3 steps.

Thanks.