Re: New Emacs with GTK!

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: New Emacs with GTK!
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 18:06:16 +0100

   Its a good choice for a world where most of us running gnome or
   kde, and ncurses, motif, etc.  already has become the past. I know
   that this are harsh words - however they are true.

Sorry, those word are not true at all.  This mail is being typed over
an SSH session in Emacs, how do you expect me to write this if I can't
use Emacs in the console? What about people that use brail devices?

I for example prefer _NOT_ using GNOME or KDE since the computers I
use aren't the fastest around.  And even on the fast computers that I
use, I still prefer not using GNOME or KDE, since I find them quite
honestly useless (this is my own opinion, others actually dop like
GNOME and KDE, and find them usefull).

What you suggest is just absurd, people should have the choice of
running their favourite widget without having someone telling them
"this is the future, so we will stop supporting you".  As long as the
code doesn't rot into oblivion, I really don't see a problem.