Can't access the menu bar

From: Dan Lior
Subject: Can't access the menu bar
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:42:38 -0800

Hello,

I'm using the libranet 2.0 distribution of Linux which came with a version of emacs (I think 20.7) that seems to work fine.

I'm working through a book GNU Emac and XEmacs that suggests, as a learning experience, that i should download the latest source for emacs and compile it on my own. I've done that. On first inspection, it seems to have succeeded however unlike the previous version, I can't use the mouse to access the menu bar (The mouse is working and I can select text with it).

Q1) Did make a mistake with my instalation? Perhaps I should set some flags when I invoke ./configure ?

Q2) Is there a key sequence I can use to get access to the menu bar?

thanks in advance,
dan