eshell & killing processes

From: Peter Lee
Subject: eshell & killing processes
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 21:47:12 GMT

Hello all, I sometimes find myself performing lengthy operations under
eshell and I need to terminate them.  'C-c C-c' doesn't work.  Nor does
'C-c C-k'.  I did 'C-h m' to see what else I might try and tried a few
different commands and nothing I do seems to cancel the shell
operation.

Even if I kill the eshell buffer, I can see in process viewer that
cmd.exe is still running (until it finishes or I "end task").

Is there some customization flag that I need to be looking for ?

Below are the commands I tried:

C-c C-\         eshell-quit-process
C-c C-d         eshell-send-eof-to-process
C-c C-k         eshell-kill-process
C-c C-c         eshell-interrupt-process

I'd really like to be able to cancel out of certain build operations I
have to do from eshell.

Thanks.