eshell: path, eshell: jump to prompt with C-a

From: Joerg Schuster
Subject: eshell: path, eshell: jump to prompt with C-a
Date: 25 Mar 2003 13:38:15 +0100

1) How can I make eshell behave like shell? Eshell seems to
ignore at least some of the statements in my .bashrc. Example: My
.bashrc contains the line

export PYTHONPATH=.:/usr/lib/python2.1:/mounts/Users/cisintern/js/Tls/Py

But unlike shell, eshell doesn't find the modules in ~/Tls/Py.

2) I would like to have the eshell jump to the prompt

(e.g. to this position: ~/Prd $  )
                                ^
when typing C-a and not to the beginning of the line

(e.g. to this position ~/Prd $)
                       ^

Jörg