Re: Non-character input events

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Non-character input events
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 06:26:33 +0200

> From: Joe Fineman <jcf@TheWorld.com>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: 25 Mar 2003 18:38:42 -0500
> >
> >   ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/elisp-manual-21-2.8.tar.gz
>
> Thank you.  I am always interested in exploring the causes & limits of
> my cluelessness, so I went back to the Web site to see how I had missed
> that file.  As far as I can tell, it isn't mentioned.  How was I
> supposed to find it without bothering busy people?

You didn't bother anyone, as far as I could tell.  It's not a crime to
not know someting.

The latest version of Emacs (v21.3) mentions that file in the INSTALL
file, and the development sources have the ELisp manual merged with
the Emacs distribution, so beginning with a future release installing
Emacs will install the ELisp manual automatically.