Re: "Favorites" menu ?

From: Thomas Link
Subject: Re: "Favorites" menu ?
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:31:30 +0100

But I've read the directions on the web page about ten times, and looked
through the customization and edit selections, and must confess that I don't
have a clue as to how I am supposed to create a fileset. Is there any chance
of getting a more basic explanation?

I will write a step-by-step guide if I find some time. Basically, you should select "Edit Filesets" from the menu, click on "[INS]", define a name (which has to be unique), click on "Data [INS]", select a fileset type (probably "files" or "tree") and fill in the information. Then click the set button and the fileset should be rebuilt the next time you activate the menubar.

Anyway, if you're using the version from the website, you could also test the new dired integration, after having issued the command filesets-support-dired (works only with filesets of type "files"). If you want to add the file in the current buffer, you could also use the command "filesets-add-buffer". Hope this helps -- at least a little bit.

Regards,
Thomas.