unfill/defill

From: Chris
Subject: unfill/defill
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 07:23:14 -0000

I sometimes need to take a few paragraphs (2-20) from a text file created
in Emacs using auto-fill and put them into another application. All
paragraphs are separated by a blank line. What is the simplest way to
"unfill" or "defill" these paragraphs so that each paragraph is one long
line? Ideally I could highlight the whole region with the paragraphs I need
and unfill them all at once, but retain a blank line between each one...