Re: CVS Emacs - changing colour of mode-line image in active window

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: CVS Emacs - changing colour of mode-line image in active window
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:23:14 +0100

"Stefan Monnier" wrote:

> You can probably do it easily with a XBM image, as for XPM...

Thanks Stefan, but I'm afraid I still don't see it.

Obviously converting to XBM from XPM wouldn't be a problem. In fact,
that's what I started with. I only changed to XPM because I saw that's
what Gnus did for the Gnu-head in the Group buffer mode-line. This has
a constant foreground colour and transparent background, so the
background at least is always the "right" colour.

How would I do it with an XBM? Just using one sans any colours specs,
it Does the Right Thing for the selected window, but has the same
colour in all the non-selected windows, which looks a lot worse than
the transparent XPM. Should I Set the :foreground and :background to
depend on whether the window is selected or not? When I tried this, I
could figure out how to determine the selected window. Also, it seems
that only ever one value is "active" at a time, applying to all
windows.