Re: Emacs Customization - newbie's question

From: Adam
Subject: Re: Emacs Customization - newbie's question
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:32:33 +0000

Have you seen the book?

I own it.

What is it that would go outdated?  Are you
trying to tell me C-x C-f doesn't open files anymore?  Or that when I
press C-v I don't just down the buffer a screen?

He can learn the basics online with cheat sheets. He didnt like the manual but a cheat sheet *should* do the trick. He doesnt have to spend money and waste time reading a book that shows him howto C-x C-f......

Grab a book on C written 10 years ago and you won´t see radical syntax
changes.

If I had a choice right now between modern/current sources and a 10 year old book I would choose the former.