Re: problems installin under sparc-solaris9

From: Bijan Soleymani
Subject: Re: problems installin under sparc-solaris9
Date: 02 Apr 2003 14:12:46 -0500

Paul W Schied <schied@seas.upenn.edu> writes:

> Has anyone successfully installed emacs on a sparc running solaris9?  If
> so, can you please give me configuration instructions?

Either download the sources from:
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/

or if you're more adventurous from cvs on savannah.

Then unpack them somewhere.

Then run the configure script with whatever options you want (run
./configure --help to get the list of all options)

Then run make (although emacs should build fine with the make that
comes with Solaris, you should really get GNU make as much other
software won't).

Then run make install.

If you have any specific problems please elaborate.

Hope that helps,
Bijan