Re: 6x13 font not working in windows emacs 21.3

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: 6x13 font not working in windows emacs 21.3
Date: 02 Apr 2003 19:48:08 +0100

Casper Gripenberg <casper_cg@hotmail.com> writes:

> I can see the 6x13 font in the font dialog in
> emacs, but when I select it emacs just simply
> reverts back to the default courier font.

> In any case it seems like something broke from
> 20.x -> 21.x(?) I put the font here:

It seems like that, but it is not that something broke, just that
something changed. The font-dialog on MS-Windows used to create a
fontset automatically, to make it easier to use non-Latin-1 fonts.

But Emacs 21 can now DTRT for those fonts directly, so it no longer
needs to do that for most cases. But for fonts in non-standard
encodings, it is still necessary to create the fontset.

Something like

(setq my-fontset (create-fontset-from-ascii-font "*-6x13-*"))
(set-frame-font my-fontset)

should be a good starting point.