navigating other buffers

From: Eric Winger
Subject: navigating other buffers
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:42:27 -0800

I have found myself on many occasions, within one buffer while a Buffer List,
or Dired is in the other buffer. I can scroll that other buffer without
leaving the safety and security of my own buffer using M<page down/up>.

But I'd really like to be able to a remote Cn, Cp & f without leaving my own
buffer. Is this possible in emacs? Basically, select lines from that other
buffer and open new buffers without leaving my own buffers.

thx much

Eric