How to search through all buffers?

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: How to search through all buffers?
Date: 04 Apr 2003 18:34:52 -0800

I'd like to find all the occurrences of a particular word in all my
Emacs buffers, but cannot think of a way to do it short of writing my
own Elisp.  Is there in fact a way?

I'm surprised that I haven't found out how to do this through the
manual, or http://www.emacswiki.org.

--
Yahoo uses Javascript in a few places, though not many.  I once asked
someone there how this worked out, and he said "they ended up learning

    --Paul Graham (http://www.paulgraham.com/road.html)
      Seen on http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/matthias/