Re: key binding question

From: Jerome Besnard
Subject: Re: key binding question
Date: 07 Apr 2003 12:10:36 +0200

> When using the python interpreter within emacs, I'd like to have the
> up/down arrows echo previous commands. Can anyone give me the code for
> this?

The pyhton shell uses comint-mode (for input-output in shell-like modes). In
comint mode, previous commands are echoed via C-up and C-down.
But if you really prefer to have these with up/down arrows, you should set
comint-previous-command and comint-next-command to up/down.
Something (untested) like:
(define-key comint-mode-map [up] 'comint-previous-command)
(define-key comint-mode-map [down] 'comint-next-command)

should do the trick.
--
Jerome