Re: List Seperator

From: Johan Bockgård
Subject: Re: List Seperator
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 17:04:31 +0200

googleartist@yahoo.com (Artist) writes:

> bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (Johan Bockgård) wrote in message
>> googleartist@yahoo.com (Artist) writes:
>>
>> >  I am trying to learn new function and when I try to use the
>> > function with M-1 C-x C-e it returns the list in form of a long
>> > list space seperated. I like to have it returned as new line
>> > seperated. How I can achive that?
>>
>> Does pp-eval-last-sexp do what you want?
>> ,----
>> | Run `pp-eval-expression' on sexp before point (which see).
>> | With argument, pretty-print output into current buffer.
>> `----

> It just puts the result in another buffer. and doesn't seperate by
> new line.

Yes, that's why I included (a part of) the description (try C-h f foo)
for that command. Note 'With argument': It means that C-u M-x
pp-eval-last-sexp should do what you want (if I understood you
correctly).

'(1 2 3 (4 (5 6)))

C-u M-x pp-eval-last-sexp =>

(1 2 3
   (4
    (5 6)))

This is what a list looks like pretty-printed.

--
What did you expect? The average Elisp hacker is so cool that he is in
no need of a table/desktop, placing his laptop where the name