emacs20 and font

From: Bruce Park
Subject: emacs20 and font
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 15:09:07 -0400

I'm experiencing a bug problem with emacs20.7 and I was hoping that someone could help me out here. The problem is that my font in emacs becomes "double height" after I launch a Java GUI application. The problem can be clearly seen at: http://rplaca.cs.qc.edu/~bpark/weird.jpg I'm using debian linux and I am using font lucidasanstypewriter-12. I've tried using all different sizes for this font and ONLY this font seems to have this problem. Other fonts in /etc/X11/fonts/75dpi/xfonts-alias does NOT have these problems.
 Does anyone have any ideas?

bp