Ctrl-SPC suspends emacs under Cygwin

From: Khalid Sheta
Subject: Ctrl-SPC suspends emacs under Cygwin
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 21:31:01 -0400

Just installed emacs 21.2.1 that comes with Cygwin on my WIN 2000 machine.
Invoking emacs where it pops in its own X window (I have exceed running) works fine with full emacs bells and wistles.
But, I want emacs -nw to work in the current window:

 - If I do: emacs -nw in the current cygwin consol window (TERM= cygwin)
   The C-c char ALWAYS maps to  keyboard-quit, i.e. equivalent to C-g
 - If I fire an xterm window, everything works perfect EXCEPT that a
   Ctrl-SPC suspends emacs, i.e. it is equivalent to susupend-emacs
   instead of setting the mark EVEN if I explicitly set it inside emacs
   indicating that bash (the cygwin shell) is capturing the Ctrl-spc before
   emacs.

The same behavior with xterm is exhibited with rxvt of Cygwin.

Any help or pointers are appreciated.

Thanx,
        --Khalid