Re: Info-goto-node vs. info (was: Info file: How do I get an itemized l

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Info-goto-node vs. info (was: Info file: How do I get an itemized list without blank lines?)
Date: 13 Apr 2003 19:00:36 -0400

> Maybe it would be better to add an autoload for `Info-goto-node' in
> Emacs?

Honestly, which one seems right to you:

        (Info-goto-node "(texinfo)itemx")
or
        (info "(texinfo)itemx")

I think the second one is clearly preferable.  Fixing XEmacs's code
to handle the second option is not significantly more difficult than
adding an autoload, so the ease of implementation should not be
part of the reason for the final choice.

        Stefan